Tuesday, July 31, 2007



THE BROWN ONE...

my little family that i have begun building over the past few years, has suffered a loss in the last few months...as many of you all know about already...and while just as many of you also know, it has been a loss that i has forced change upon myself as well as those around me...a little face i woke up to and slept with every night for 4 years is now only a still image that stares back at me from many a photograph that i surround myself with and reflect upon...and whom i will remember for every day of my life...and whilst i know his little beautiful soul is at peace, his departure has left a small hole in my heart that yearns to be filled.

my beloved will never be replaced...to even contemplate the idea would be impossible...but i know he would want myself as well as my darling jet to be happy...as well as not alone. even while little harley was alive and well, i always knew i wanted to add to my little family. out there there are many a little puppy whose life i know i could enrich if only they would join me and my white furry son in this little world we live in.

many people will tell me it's too soon...many will say i should wait...and many will probably say that i can't afford it...but in reality neither one of the original situations i was in when i decided to adopt my animals were feasible at the time...and you know what? they turned out to be the best decisions i have ever made.

life doesn't always make sense, and things won't always fit properly...we'll always do things some will tell us not to, and we'll always end up in binds that seem unfixable...but the truth of the matter is, all things work out in the end...and a decision that i hold so dear to my heart can never be wrong...especially when it comes to love...

i think a part of me will always unconsciously flip to the classified section of the newspaper and peer at what pets are up for adoption...after all it's exactly this way that i found my dear jet...and recently, as i was flipping through that very section of the newspaper, i came across a man who is looking for a loving home for the three little darlings seen at the top of this page...

they're 3 little chihuahuas, who need a good home...

if i had my way (and my little beach-side cabana that i plan to have in new zealand someday) i'd take all 3 of them under my wing and give them the most wonderful life ever! but for the time being, until i find that little cabana in the sun, my affections are drawn to the little one on the left...

is it right? is it too soon? can i afford it? should i wait? i'm honestly not too sure...all i do know right at this very moment is that i want to help them...and above all i want to love them more than anyone else could...

i think harley would be happy...and i hope jet would/will get along with him...what do you think?

No comments: