Tuesday, February 12, 2008



BE KIND...
so today in the lunch room somebody "confronted" me on my specific values by which i live my life, specifically on my eating habit values; basically i was put-down and almost ridiculed for choosing not to eat meat. even more reduntant was the fact that "she" basically told me that i was going to be shit out of luck when it came to finding appropriate "vegetarian fare" when i moved to the UK, and that i would have to rely on 'care packages' delivered from canada for survival...
well to quote my future people, that's a pile of bollocks!!!
you know what, i'm pretty fuckin' tired of people practically making fun of me for choosing a 'animal-loving' way of living, that not to mention is also for health reasons. now don't get me wrong, i have no problem answering questions from meat-eaters who approach the issue with the inevitable "omg, you're a vegetarian...like what do you eat??? how do you survive??" since they're bound to come up. but why would someone go out of their way to basically put my lifestyle decision down and make it seem inferior to their own...it's fuckin' retarded people, so mind your own business!!
not once have i ever made fun of people for eating carcus in front of me, and not once would i preach about the dangers/polluting factors involved with eating meat, to someone who didn't ponder it to me...i have no problem defending my position on the issue and i certainly don't mind educating those who are eager to understand why i'm a vegetarian (i think it's mean, unnecessary and unhealthy...to name a few...)
i do not wish to instill my values and beliefs upon others who aren't interesting in learning what i have to tell them...i believe that choosing a vegetarian lifestyle is something that you have to do for yourself...so on that note don't harp on me or throw meat-eating defences down my throat...cause i don't fuckin' buy it...
why would someone even say something so detrimental to me?? i'm sorry, but you don't live in england, nor have you ever even been there...how do you pretend to know what they may or may not have in their grocery stores/markets??? how do you know that they don't have the widest assortment of veggie food available in all of europe??? in fact, a little fyi for you; maybe you weren't aware of the fact that the UK founded the worlds first "vegan organization" giving support and spreading knowledge as to the benefits of choosing such a lifestyle...so don't tell me that i won't find the necessary nourishment i need there, cause they fuckin' founded it!!!!!!

No comments: