Thursday, February 21, 2008










LOOKING AROUND...






as i sit here, a mere month (give or take) away from my date of departure, there's a lot going through my mind...how will i live without my jet for 4 months, how will i adjust to a foreign land, will i make friends, will i find a hot brit to call my own (snicker, snicker)...


then my mind wonders to larger, more pressing issues; will they like me, will i fit in, will i be able to live comfortably, will i love my schools, will i get hopelessly lost on the underground and have to call carolyn to come pick me up??!?! haha! k, the last one isn't totally a justifiably-worry!!


moving from the place that you've called "home" for oh so long is never going to be easy...there will always be feelings of melancholy, and a desire for the familiar...picking up and moving somewhere different is bound to be scary...but odly i'm not feeling plagued by these feelings of fear and uncertainty...i'm fuckin' stoked!!


the good thing is that i'm not going at it alone...plus i've done it before! and if i can do it, and 'do' the only other gay guy in a small town in northern maine...then i can do ANYTHING!!


as i look around the little town that has housed me and my lil' family for so many years, i'm suddenly struck with the oh so many things i'll miss about this silly little town; i'll miss the late night walks i've had in clayton park through it's winding and undiscovered pathways, i'll miss the summer's spent walking along halifax's boardwalk, i'll miss my hang-over days spent at the pool with my big shades covering up my dark circles, i'll miss being able to skinny-dip in said pool...after dark, of course...i'll miss our little day trips to the beach, pooches in tow!! i'll miss halifax's assortment of drinking establishments, i'll miss spring garden rd and it's many shops and beautiful people, and most of all i'll miss my friends...
but one thing is for certain, that as much as i'm giving up by leaving halifax again, i'm also gaining a whole lot more this time around...i'm not going to shittsville USA, i'm going to the most exciting city in the freakin' world!!!!
take that fort kent, maine!!

No comments: