Wednesday, July 13, 2005

a joey

many a friend have traveled the world (for business and for pleasure). i've seen my peeps visit ireland, denmark, france, germany, rome, egypt, even the states!!! and one thing that has always remained a constant factor in their travel stories is "A Joey".

what do i mean by A JOEY you ask? i mean that when they go away, they always manage to meet A Joey substitute, therefore becoming their "denmark joey", or their "european Joey"...a wannabe joey, if you will; someone who embodies Joey-like qualities and who reminds them of the REAL joey they left behind in halifax.

now before i go any further, i'm just going to state the obvious right now: there's only ONE joey in this world! and i'm sure you can all vouch for me when i say that the world is better off, for it simply couldn't handle more than one!

has anyone ever said something to you like "oh my god, i met your twin while i was away!!" or "i met someone exactly like you on the other side of the world"??? personally i find it almost insulting when someone says that they met someone EXACTLY like me...for it casts doubt on my uniqueness as an individual!!

and what exactly does it take to be A Joey?? what qualities are in question here? would it be my sometimes-annoying-often-addictive-laugh, or perhaps my joie-de-vivre, or maybe my optimistic point of view?? or it could be my other, not so attractive, make-you-wanna-curl-up-and-cry qualities they speak of...but i'm not gonna mention them here, cause it's my blog and not yours!!!

but all in all we're unique!! we may possess SOME qualities that exist in others, but never forget; you are your own person!! just kiddin', but seriously...if ever you need your ego stroked a little bit, or if you're thinkin' that you might just be a little TOO normal...just remember:

♪no one likes you...i mean, there's no one like you!!♪

1 comment:

lucifuge said...

i found a joey working at parklane. he's cute like you.