Saturday, January 03, 2009

New Year

well i'm not usually one for making resolutions come the new year...not because i don't agree with the idea of them, but simply because i don't believe in making one that i don't intend to stand by.

however, as january 1st (2009) inched it's way closer and closer, i found myself evaluating my whirlwind year that was 2008 and thinking about the things i'd like to have done differently.

now those of you who know me, know that i don't believe in regrets...i accept the things i have done incorrectly, and simply learn from them and move on.

so as i look back at the mistakes of the past 365 days, i have come to 3 "so-called-new-years-resolutions" that i feel will help me to make this year even more bitchin' than the last!!

the first thing i take upon myself this year is the desire to continue to live as healthily as i possibly can. this past year i decided to turn vegan, but then realized that i wasn't getting as many nutrients as i should be. i felt myself losing weight, which is something i never wanted to do, so i have returned to my vegetarian roots...where i feel the most happy with myself! besides what i eat, i simply want to listen to the angel on my shoulder who tells me what i should and should not be putting in my body. now don't get me wrong, i love's me my red wine and won't be giving that up anytime soon...but those of you who've been partying with me over the holidays know about the poisons that i wish to now stray from...for good.

the second thing i want for myself this year is to not be afraid to get close to another person in a relationship again...i have had quite a tumultous past in the "boy department"...going from full blown whore status, to my now unrequited "lover-not-a-fighter-waiting-for-his-Edward-to-come-along"...status? i'm not even sure that is a status...but that's where i'm at right now...my "tattered past" of which i spoke before has left me with a sadness that i can't seem to shake when it comes to commitment...i always said i'd never be one of those bruised lovers who can't get past the break-ups and the heartaches that has left them feeling less than whole time and time again...but alas i still carry with me the baggage of those break ups...even though i'm getting back to my good ol' self with each sunny day! but this year i hope to let go of those negative vibes that are holding me back from getting closer to someone and really letting them into my psyche...for relationships are all about taking risks...and not being afraid of putting themselves into the crossfire!

lastly, as i step full-on into 2009, still reaping the drawbacks of the most expensive christmas of my life, the third thing i resolve to do this year is to be aware and more conscious of how i spend my earnings...i love having things to show for my hard work, and i feel over the past few months...namely because of my crazy xmas...i haven't had a lot gained over as i dive into my overdraft...and in 2009 i vow to change all that. now that doesn't mean that i intend to not shop anymore...pbbbt~do you not know me at all??? it just means that i intend to spend my money more wisely on those lovely items at topman, and not so much on those other 'highs' that don't last nearly as long!! as i get ready to turn 28 this year, i refuse to be ruled by debt, and promise to be much more conscious of how i save.

so to those of you who i missed over the holidays, i bid you the best! 2009 has begun with a fuckin' bang, and i hope you are all looking forward, as much as i am, to more galavanting, random wine soaked nights with friends, good times, great flicks, good teaching days, amazing walks with doggies, and those quiet evenings when all you wanna do is curl up with a good book on your coach, and just stay in...mmmm!!

No comments: