Tuesday, May 02, 2006

eat your goddamn greens!!!



well this week marks my first official week of vegetarianism!! woo hoo!! officially no more carcuss for this lil' guy!! and i must say, so far so good!

it's been a long time coming, i guess! for the past 6 months or so the only meat i've consumed has been chicken. chicken and i have had a long standing intimate relationship for the majority of my existence...but i knew it was time to say good bye!

i held on for a little too long i think, mainly due to a fear of not receiving enough protein in my diet thusly resulting in a loss of weight...and for someone of my calibur/genetic make-up, losing weight could be a tad bit disastrous!!

but alas, it got to the point where every time i took a bite my feelings of guilt grew stronger and stronger. i seriously couldn't do it anymore.

that's when i was introduced to my new boyfriend; mr. vegetarianism!! it's getting serious...i think i'm in love!!!!

my vegetarian starter kit arrived yesterday from goveg.com/peta.org and it's packed with wonderful trivia and random celebrity quotes explaining why they chose to go veg, not to mention the 6 pages of colorful vegetarian recipes/substitutes to the many many 'now considered evil' meaty meals to which we had become accustomed as newly-ex-carnivores!!

how excited am i to get cooking??? VERRRRRY!!! let's just say trips to the grocery store have a whole new meaning!!

AND, i've even found a meat-free alternative to my usual friday night indulgence of chicken fingers and fries!!

this little gay vegetarian is very happy!!

wish me luck!!

No comments: