Friday, January 26, 2007


CHOP STICKS AND CLOCKS
so as 2007 began i decided to add another new years resolution to my list: i decided to make the conscious decision to not wear a watch anymore! now this may seem like either no big deal to some or at least a very odd resolution...but to me, someone who has worn a watch his whole life, it was a big change!!
but it struck me recently, ok mainly after i got a new tattoo on my left wrist (where my watch usually lies) and wearing a watch over it would just look tacky and too much, but anyways, it struck me that wearing a watch is almost like wishing your day away.
i mean really, when you're at work you're constantly looking at the clock just wishing and hoping that the "work part" of your day will go by just a little bit faster...and while at school, you're constantly looking at the clock on the wall wishing and waiting for class to come to an end so you can be free...and well, that's not the right way to be in my opinion! at least not anymore!
so no longer will yours truly be ruled by the little wrist clock...no longer will i be a slave to time...no longer will i wish my day away, not even the boring parts!!
the second order of business today would be my new found obsession with chop sticks! (pictured above). I've always been a lover of asian cuisine, from thai to sushi to basic chinese...i love it all! (mind you it's the vegetarian version of all that food now to which i indulge, but still!) but i've never been very good at operating the sticks that chop, so i usually digress and opt out for the canadian/americanised version of utensil choice to consume my delectable foreign dish. but not anymore! i attempted using the wooden sticks one night over xmas break with my dear sweet kate while having sushi...
AND I'M HOOKED!! i've been finding myself eating noodles of any kind simply for the pure joy of eating them with my chop sticks! i even use them to eat random vegetables for lunch...basically anything i can get my hands on i'll use them to eat with!!
so next time you look at those exotic looking eating utensils and turn away cause they look too difficult, give'em a try! it's not as hard as it looks, and i'm guaranteeing you a pleasant experience. they can even make simple ramen look and feel like an exotic meal!!

No comments: