Wednesday, August 16, 2006

vamped and reconnected

vamped and reconnected


well i've been thinking of revamping my blog skin, and well here it is...it totally reminds me of "evolve", but also of just the state of mind i'm currently in...i think it depicts a very free yet focused, earthy, fun-loving, hippie kind of being. sometimes we need to just stop thinking, stop beating a dead horse, stop worrying about the small stuff...and just be!

while on the topic of 'just being', it came to me today just how much i really need to reconnect with myself right now...do you know what i mean? blake and i went out for a really long time; on and off for about a year, and then strong for a year and a bit...and since him i've seemed to survive train wreck after train wreck, and every time it seems like i've been giving a little bit of myself to these boys, and not really getting them back! it's like i've been trying to fill a void that i started feeling when i lost a bit of who i was after blake and i ended. after a relationship ends, you can't help but lose a bit of yourself when you part ways with that person; cause even if it ends on good terms...you'll never be that person again, no matter how small the change is.

and well, i really haven't taken any time for ME lately...i've been all about the other people, completely ignoring just exactly what i want and what's important to me in a relationship. so what better time to reconnect with myself then with a change of scenery! and that's exactly what i'm gonna do...obviously i'm going to maine for school, and to begin this new chapter in my life...but i'm also going to find myself again...

could i sound more oprah-like tonight?

enjoy the new skin kids...lemme know what you think!

No comments: