Thursday, December 02, 2004

is it friday yet????

the above sentence is one of the only things i can remember about my childhood...wait, there's a story don't worry! and while some of you might be saying to yourselves: that's kinda sad!! don't worry, it's not that bad!!

every day after elementary school i would go to my grandparents house where i would stay there until my parents got off work and would thusly come and pick me up! monday to friday, 5 days a week...well those of you who know me now, can only realize what a hell-ion i must have been as a wee one!! and for those of you who don't know...take my word for it...it wasn't pretty!

soooo, that's where the title of today's entry (and first one ever) stands for; my grandfather had a little sign which sat just under the tv that read : "is it friday yet"...ie, the day that he's set free from my fiery little clutches and able to enjoy his weekend before i return to him on monday!!!

today, ironically enough, it's me who's uttering those all too familiar words...only in my case i'm referencing my need for the end of the week to be here! ie the sweet blissful day where i'm able to return home and put my chicken fingers and fries in the oven, take the pooches out, and start the boozin!!!!

friday's never used to have this effect on me, well at least not to this extent, it was always fun to have the weekend be here, but now that i'm a workin' boy (and not in that sense...although...just kiddin') it's all the more important!

in case you hadn't picked up on it yet, the vast majority of my excursions happen on the weekend, so be prepared for some no holds bared stories 'cum' monday: some that might make you cry, some that might make you laugh, and others that are sure to make you cringe, cause guess what kiddies?? this is my bloggy-thingy and i'll be crude if it wanna!!!! cause these boots were made for walkin...and ain't nobody gonna break my stride...wait, i'm a little off topic...

anyways, that's just a little introduction to moi...hope you enjoyed it!! more fantastic entries to come, so stay tuned, and hold your breath till i return...

No comments: