Wednesday, December 29, 2004

sway

hey kiddies, well it's my first day back above water...or should i say "above booze"...yes friends, it was a booze soaked christmas! when i was younger my dad had a song called "daddy's drinkin' up our christmas"...i now know the significance behind that song!

it was a wonderful holiday season, and soon to be followed by sweet sweet new years!! which is bound to be another booze soaked evening!

but you know what, i didn't even get to hear "blue christmas" by sweet, sweet elvis! shitty deal for me, eh? it's my favourite and i totally missed out on it!

no, there was no elvis on my plate this weekend, instead we stuck with the traditional: it was a reggae christmas, as usual!! ...for those of you who've just tuned in, i am the love child of a hippie relationship! and i was born in jamaica...well, conceived in jamaica...so over christmas i spent a lot of time getting back in tune with my jamaican roots!! listening to reggae, a little bob on the side, and smokin' a J with the parentals...yes, it's true...hey, i told you they were hippies!! i was half in the bag when it happened anyways, so i didn't enjoy it as much as some would have liked me to...don't worry honey, it's almost that time of the month again!!
even now, as i'm sitting here at work (on my lunch break, don't worry) i have my sweet bob playing in the backround...ain't nothing like bob on a cloudy day to make that jamaican sun start shining on me!!! it seems that every time i go home, i come back a little more black, and a little more into reggae! (just funnin' about the black part...hey mon, we be jammin'!!) growing up i remember every saturday night mom and dad would put on ckdu for the reggae show, and blast it from the kitchen while they cooked up one of their crazy-hippie-saturday-night-dinners!! and you can't help but have something like that start to grow on you after a while!! and well i'm certainly happy it did!!
so to me, reggae always has a bit of a family vibe to it, that and i can't help but smile and sway my hips when it comes on!! if the world was listening to reggae, there'd be no war...i know i used to say the same thing about a certain hallucinogenic, but that was then...
ahhh, bob...you make everything alright!!

so children, imagine yourselves on a sunny beech, the sand in between your toes, a light reggae beat in the backround, and smiling faces all around...and say it with me as you sway those hips; i wanna love you, e-very day and e-very night...

No comments: