Wednesday, December 15, 2004

tacos

don't worry kiddies, i'm MUCH better today!

so last night my momma and i went up to the blip (can't believe i just called it that...) and at pets unlimited i bought the littlest one a matching rain jacket (to harley's). and it donned on me, i hadn't spoken much about my little family that i live with!! so here it goes;

about a year and a half ago, i had my heart stolen...from the first moment i looked into those big brown eyes, i knew i had to have him...i even remember our first night together, i remember how he clung to me so tight, not wanting to let me go...we stayed up almost all night, just cuddling and talking about this crazy world that he's just recently been born into...and i know what you're thinking...GROSS ME OUT, you pervs!!! i'm talking about my dog!!!

even before i held him i had picked out a name; Harley. dont' ask me why, i just thought it fit appropriately! actually there was a character on dawson's creek who's name was Harley and ever since i've been attached to it!

he cost me an arm and a leg...and a few pieces of furniture, but he was mine! my first REAL responsibility!! i truly felt like a father...in a manner of speaking. he immediately changed my life. for a while there, i was...i won't say "out of control", but definitely heading for "crazytown" or one of it's close neighbourhoods, and well, harley was almost like my way of putting a stop to all my erratic behaviour. was i looking for a cop-out? maybe, but whatever it was, it worked! he was my baby, and i treated him precisely so! literally, oh i spoiled that dog...i bought him lil' outfits, booties, the best food, and veterenarian attention any dog could ask for! he was a prince...only, he wasn't up to prince status thus far; unfortunately my lil' sweet was very sick for the first year of his life, but he came out on top! and i'm pleased to report that he's in tip-top shape!! *knock knock knock*

so harley and i lived in peaceful bliss for a while, until one stormy night, on a full moon, the evil land-lady upstairs came a knockin', armed with an eviction notice...well, not exactly...it was a summons from the tenancy board, telling me i had to go and defend my right to own this puppy in that building or (dum dum dum) MOVE OUT!! well to make a long story short, i went, i won, and i stayed...at least for a while; when my year was up, they subsequently gave me the boot...but it was for the best! i mean who wants to live under a roof with the royal mcnasty as your landlord?

so i started looking for a new place, and sure enough found a quant little (well not so little) flat in the north/south end (not quite north, not quite south, but somewhere in the middle) on robie st. and here i am!!

but after a while, i started to realize how harley seemed to be sad when i left in the mornings. i mean he's alone all day while i'm at work, and that must be a bit trying for a pup...so you can imagine what i did next!! yup,i started looking for another breed of dog that would mesh well with my first born! and that's where Jet comes into the picture!

my little one came from a breeder in new brunswick that i found advertising a new litter for sale in the paper. and deep down i knew even as i was talking to the lady on the phone, that i was going to take him on the spot! (all $1200.00 of him!!) and the rest is history!

so there you have my little family, i just thought it wouldn't be fair without a little something dedicated to them! they are a huge part of my life...they're my babies!! and i'd do anything for them! all the dog owners out there are nodding their heads, and the rest of you are shaking them!!! but you know what i mean! they really are like children! anyways...

so next time i promise a much less "PG-rated" entry...don't worry, you know i have it in me...

No comments: