Saturday, September 02, 2006

buffy and angel



recently i have taken my buffy seasons out from under the bed, and dusted off the cobwebs, and begun enjoying an old favorite...all over again!

season 2 and 3 are by far my favorites...basically due to the presence of angel in her life, and their love affair that will go down in history as the greatest love ever captured on film...in my opinion, that is!

i remember when i first go into the show, angel was probably the first guy on tv that i ever fell head over heals for...and it hasn't since waned! he epitomizes sexy to me, in all his dark and broodiness...there's nothing hotter!

when he and buffy got together, it was extremely tragic; they were doomed from the very beginning...yet love came in and swept them both off their feet. being unable to consumate their love for each other, due to angel's eternal curse, was their downfall...but even considering, i've never come across a love such as this that has ever made me feel the same.

i wonder why this is? i mean, i have seen many a fictional couple come across the beloved happy ending, that skipped my buffy and angel...so i wonder why one that was bound to end in tragedy, such as theirs struck me so? i think it's maybe that whole 'romeo and juliet'-esque romance that still touches audiences, even today! it's difficult to make us feel the ache that the characters on screen feel...and buffy and angel will forever have me longing for a love that is as strong and as romantic as theirs was.

for their love, truly was immortal.

No comments: