Thursday, September 07, 2006



veg veg U.S.A

this is something i meant to post about earlier when i first arrived here in fort kent, but it simply slipped my mind.

although there were many a things i was concerned about when i was packing up my bags to leave the homeland, one in particular was my diet! and it didn't really hit me, until i was perusing the aisles of the 'pick and save' not seeing any health food section in sight...

you can imagine my chagrin, as i gleefully pass by row after row of bloody carcus' in search of something less artery-clogging, and not seeing any soy in sight...

BUT, thankfully to my surprise when i got to the last aisle of my sweet sweet pick and save, i came across the BIGGEST health food section i have ever seen in a super market!!!

but how could this be? could fort kent (aka bum fuck nowhere ville) have one-up on my precious halifax??? well local kiddies, i really have to say that they really do!!! there's brands and types i simply have never seen! and trust me, i've seen my share!! one that i simply had to shamelessy promote (although i'm not getting any royalties, don't worry) is "franklin farms" veggie bugers; regular and chillie bean flavor. simply to die for!! and coming from someone who's tried every variety under the sun, that says a lot!

so i had to simply take this time to congratulate the fine people of this state for getting on the alternative train! let's hope it keeps up!!

No comments: