Friday, September 15, 2006



like velvet

i wish i had seen more,
but soon i hope i will,
a person just like me,
who envigorates me still.

when we are side by side,
my heavy steps seem lighter,
a feeling of simplicity takes over,
and the present day seems brighter.

with a rev and a vodka coke,
and a dancefloor on which to stand,
a flirty look back and forth,
lead me through and take my hand.

sometimes quiet and yet so loud,
your eyes give you away,
helping you as you help me,
whenever the seams start to fray.

another year for you has ended,
wave goodbye to twenty-three,
delicious and wrapped in velvet,
blow out your candles and be who you wanna be!


happy birthday my lil' cowboy...my only wish is that i could be there with you to celebrate, but you'll just have to take a moment out during the night and close your eyes and imagine me there...dancing by your side to our song...

i miss you,

j

No comments: