Friday, September 08, 2006



changes

someone told me before i left that this was something i might have to do to find another piece of myself...one that i might have been mising, or maybe just overlooking, and as much as i don't care to speak with that person anytime soon, i think they were right.

tonight i proved to myself just who i was, and just who i can be. as much fear that i felt as i prepared to embark away from my comfort zone, all my fears were striken away tonight as i took a big step (at least to me) away from the person i had become comfortable being.

wherever that fear came from, doesn't really matter...all that matters is the fact that tonight i faced it in a one on one battle, mono e mono, and you know what? i won!

sometimes we let our fears get the best of us, and let them cloud our judgement...and if i had of continued to listen to that fear, i probably would have stayed in tonight...instead of leaving my (newly found) comfort zone and gone exploring to see if i was indeed the person i had prided myself on being for so long.

and let's just say...i am!!

i had one of the best times i have ever had outside of my normal field zone...and i couldn't be happier! i'm not tooting my own horn when i say hosw proud of myself i am, but honestly something like this is not an easy feat...but it's one that i was ready for...

No comments: