Saturday, September 30, 2006



NO E

one thing that struck me last night while i was partying at the local bowling alley in canada (yes, you read right...the bowling alley...well at the least it was the lounge section of the bowling alley) with my entire class, seriously it was like a UMFK sponsored drinking night...my whole freakin' class was there people!! anyways, what struck me was the complete and utter absence of drugs!! and trust me, i would know if there were some present, i can smell the shit from a mile away!!

and i'm not saying that i would want to do any, but that it was refreshing to party in a place, and with a group of people who didn't have those cute little pills or any sort of white powdery substance on their minds!

is it a small town thing? do drugs not live in the boonies of northern maine? or has this state simply evolved beyond the need for uppers as a party favor? now while i'm leaning more towards the former, you have to admit that both ideas have merit, right?

drugs, like many other things i've written about this weekend, have overstayed their welcome, and need to be extradited from our weekend activities. i know i may sound a tad bit preechy these days, but this is just what's on my mind! when is enough enough? how much longer was i going to drive myself into the ground? how many more crack out days did i have in me?

i'm happy to report to you all that that ship has sailed...and thankfully, i'm no longer on it...in my head and in my heart. far be it of me to judge, but it's just a warning to all my lil' e children out there reading this; those colorful little pills have played a supporting role in the movie of my life for too long, and along with the things i left in halifax, they were happily among the list.

how does it feel?

No comments: